Old April 1st 19, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Looking for winglets, extensions, for either ASW20a or Ventus B

Le lundi 1 avril 2019 17:26:34 UTC+2, Michael N. a écritÂ*:
I am considering the purchase of an ASW20 or Ventus B
In my price range, I am seeing a couple of gliders, that are possibilities, but do not have winglets or the 16.6m extensions.

Are winglets and / or 16.6 extensions available for these aircraft?
Do you know of any for sale?
How difficult is it to upgrade / install?

Thanks,
Mike

If you are going for an ASW20, forget about 16.6 and go for winglets.
The 16.6 extensions will gain you an increase in L/D of 1 point up to 130 kph, and a decrease of L/D above that speed. And if there are thermals around, you will probably cruise at 130 kph or more.

Bert TW