Old May 11th 05, 08:20 PM

Haven't you ever made a mistake?

Why would you, and the others on this board, immediately jump on the
governments bandwagon?

1) You don't know if these guys are morons or not.
2) There are probably less than 1,000,000 active pilots in this
country - that's a tiny proportion of the general population.
3) The government is going to do away with us, based on number 2, just
because we are a tiny minority, AOPA or not.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:49:00 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

AOPA or the like should help make examples of these pilots, in a big
public way. "We won't tolerate ignorance among our own and suggest
immediate revocation of their flying privileges".

At first blush upon reading this I thought "How ridiculous!"

However, the more I consider it, the more I think John is onto something
here. If we, the pilot community, don't do something to make it apparent
that these morons who keep busting the TFRs are NOT representative of the
rest of us, nor do they reflect the predominant attitude of most pilots, nor
do they reflect a general lack of intelligence shared by other pilots, I
fear that the federal government is simply going to make the whole danged
East Coast a no-fly zone.