Old August 14th 03, 11:35 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(John Galban) wrote:

I know that Cessna has made versions of the 172 equipped with rocket
pods and Piper has a version of the PA32 equipped with bomb racks.
Assuming that those versions were built under a valid type cert.,
there is nothing in the FARs that would prevent you from loading up
and heading out.

and there's the challenge... to do the mod in a manner that
is consistent with the valid type cert.

FWIW - Most government aircraft are exempt from the FAR requirements
that you and I must adhere to(i.e. type cert., annual inspections,
etc...). This applies not only to military aircraft, but also to
aircraft operated by government agencies like the FAA, BLM and USDA.

e.g., State aircraft or Public aircraft as opposed to civilian aircraft.

--
Bob Noel