Old September 4th 19, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default another crash

Charlie Quebec wrote on 9/3/2019 8:10 PM:
To be clear, I am refering only to the one piece DG canopy not the 2 piece. It’s clear in a nose first crash, the canopy would fly forwards, there is nowhere else for it to go, it’s not even in the picture of this crash.
I removed mine from my 200 after reading the crash report. I just use a feather pillow stuffed into the turtle deck area, works nicely.

I've been told by Schleicher designers that the headrest should not be soft, as
it's main function is to restrain rearward head motion.