Old February 28th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Interesting. When I first saw your news I assumed you were expanding
into the start of an aviation
themed hotel chain!

Well, if it doesn't sell, we'll be doing just that.

Or bring on a partner to manage/co-own one of the hotels. Perhaps something
to look into if you haven't started already. Can't hurt to have that in
play as a backup plan.

My fear is that there is really no way to properly manage a business
from 1240 miles away. I would rather see a motivated pilot buy it and
run it with the same on-site passion that Mary and I have done.

We'll have to wait and see how the sales effort goes.

An entrepreneurial thing to try to do would be to sell one of the hotels
off as part of a franchise, not as a typical "you're on your own after you
buy" business sale. Thereby planting the seed of something like the Best
Westerns of the aviation set. ;-) (Stated partly in jest, though I think
actually plausible if a franchise business plan had been started, oh, a
year ago!)