Old March 10th 04, 07:29 AM
Gene Z. Ragan

David and all,

Thanks for the good input.

I have rebuilt several engines including performance racing Porsche
engines, but I know that doesn't make me an expert aviation powerplant
mechanic. I did expect it to be an adventure for sure.

Because the engine is an O-290-D, I wasn't aware that ECI had new
cyclinders for it. I will yank the sad jug and see what is going on
inside.

I expect whatever I do to be expensive, I was just trying to deterine
what to do with the 300 lbs of metal bolted to the plane right now.
Perhaps I can find a midtime 320 and let an excited 290 owner buy this
one for parts.

Gene