Old September 25th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Do you support establishing a US Club Class? Yes answers only!

On Sep 21, 1:13*pm, Tim wrote:
Hello All:

If you have not figured it out, this is a topic I care passionnately
about...

Could we try and give the members of the US RC that post here/read
opinions here regularly an idea of the possible support for
establishing a stand alone US Club Class Nationals?

I recognize that the devil is alwawsy in the details, but please
answer yes to the following question, maybe a substantial turn-out
might impress upon the RC/USSTC.

While I appreciate the anti-Club Class Camp and their arguments,
supporters need to come up with some sort of data to support the
viability or confirm the impossibility of this Class here in the USA.

So, if you are not a supporter of this concept, or you do not
affirmatively know of a pilot who might be willing to fly such a
class, please do not post to this thread.

Question: Would you, or someone you know, would willingly fly or offer
your Club Class glider to someone who would fly at a stand-alone US
Club Class Nationals?

Thank You,

Tim S. McAllister
EY

2004,2006 US Team - Club Class
2005, 2007 FAI World GP

One RC member's positions:
1- I support the development of the club class building from the
regional level to the point where there is participation on a national
level sufficient to have a viable and meaningful national championship
anywhere in the US.
2- I do not support the expansion of the handicap list beyond the
range used at the most recent WGC. My personal experience is that the
gliders flying in this class do require some pilot adaptation in order
to be competitive.
3- I do support allowing gliders within the handicap range, but not on
the IGC list, to participate.
4- I do not support the elimination of the provision currently in
place to not allow previous US FAI WGC to represent the US in the WGC.
My position on this may well change if we don't start to see more than
a couple pilots serious enough to fly in the contests required to
qualify.
These are my personal opinions which will be part of my contribution
to the ongoing rules process
H Nixon
UH
2001, 2002 US Team- Club Class
SSA Competition Rules Subcommittee Chair