Old November 10th 03, 11:44 PM
Charles Petersen

Check out the animated graphics at
http://www.yorksoaring.com/whatissoaring.html. You may have to click along
several pages to get to the ridge lift page.

Charles Petersen, grateful user of Dr. Jack's Blip Maps

"DrJack" wrote in message
I'm giving a (paid!) talk Saturday on soaring and soaring meteorology
to a group of power-rated pilots as part of a continuing education
aviation seminar. I have not been able to find a diagram which
depicts flow over a ridge showing both the lift on the upwind side and
the turbulence/sink on the downwind side and hope someone here might
know of one, particularly if available on the internet so I can get a
copy.

--
Dr. John W. (Jack) Glendening Meteorologist