Old August 3rd 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Susan

Default Russian Grand Prix - my reports

Hey everyone,
What do you get when you take 14 Russian glider pilots, Tim McAllister,
and a new form of sailplane racing? The Qualification Grand Prix of
Russia, of course! We are here at Drakino Airfield, about 100 km south
of Moscow, competing in the GP which runs throuhg August 9.

I am updating the blog as usual (and as often as service
permits...which is more often than you would think). The address is:
www.susanmcallister.blogspot.com

We had our first official day yesterday, and Tim came in 6th. An OK
start for his third-ever flight in the Jantar.

I'd love to hear from you all, so please do post comments on the blog
if you wish.

Please keep fingers crossed (or hold your thumbs, if you are German)
for better weather in the coming days.
Susan McAllister