Old March 8th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

WJRFlyBoy wrote in
:

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 06:45:03 GMT, wrote:

In rec.aviation.piloting WJRFlyBoy
wrote:

Yet I can't buy a completely built kit/plans plane.

Sure you can.

See any airplanes for sale web site.

You just can't buy one and have the same privilges as the original
builder.

--
Jim Pennino

Ok, what rights do I lose and why do I lose them?

the origianl builder is the manufacturer. He can effect any maintenance
or repeair on the airplane he likes...You buy it , you can't.

Th ereason is pretty obvious. He has demonstrated he knows what he is
doing and has effectively been issued a resticted airframe or airframe
and powerplant licence.

Bertie