Old March 8th 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message ...

It would be very interesting for someone to be charged with operating an illegally built aircraft. How would this be
challenged in the courts?

I don't think they'd be charged with operating an illegally-built aircraft, but
if they applied for the Repairman Certificate, they could be charged with
perjury.

In any case, the FAA could just cancel the plane's airworthiness certificate,
and the person who bought it from the hired gun would be out the ~$50K-$250K he
paid for it.

Ron Wanttaja

Just because the FAA cancels the airworthiness certificate doesn't make the aircraft any more or less 'airworthy'.

Have you seen the justification presented to re-register aircraft every 3 years? Looks like the FAA can't enforce
current regulations. So they write more?

I seem to remember it costs something like 10 million to certify a 'car' to run on roads in the US of A. The cost to
certify an aircraft is insane. There needs to be a middle ground where a sound safe design can be produced (built)
without the muda and hindrances of our govment.