Old December 24th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default RC madness

On 12/23/2015 2:24 PM, jfitch wrote:

Snip...
...If we are arguing technology we ought to also argue about the EXTREMELY
antiquated technology of this discussion board. Very last century. Often
can't tell who is responding to whom.

Dern (and drifting still farther from this thread's subject...) - it *must* be
winter in this hemisphere, judging from posts like these two. Ha ha ha!

I can't help wondering if the fundamental problem alluded to in the above
observation is the "antiquated technology of this discussion board" or merely
human nature. Why bother to expend a modicum of contextually clarifying,
technology-aided, editing when it's easier simply to excise ruthlessly in the
Great Rush to express some thought temporarily atop one's mental stack?

Many of the casually-edited replies seen on RAS remind me of a spot-on
(considering the wearer!) T-shirt I saw: Who says I have ADHD? Hey - there
goes a chicken!!!

My Round File works great for lazily-edited RAS replies...if someone is too
lazy to properly edit, I'm too lazy to pay them any attention. It's not as if
posting on RAS is an emergency...

Bob W.