Old October 19th 04, 01:28 PM
sahelsteve

Default weather modification plane specs - please help me.

Hi. My name is Steve Davies, I am a writer. I am currently working on
a story about weather modification in the Sahara desert. A pilot in a
weather modification lands in a Sahelian village to refuel. The story
is about villagers' different attitudes to what he is doing.

I am appealing to you experts for a bit of plane info, because I know
nothing about this area. What kind of plane would be used for weather
modification programs in a developing country (dumping silver iodide
crystals on clouds to precipitate rain)? Can you suggest a model name
so that I can find out more? What kind of fuel would it take? Is it
conceivable that it could run on normal motor gas or diesel?! what
would it look like? Is it possible there would be just one man
piloting it?

Any help you could give me would be hugely appreciated.

thank you.

Steve