Old May 12th 05, 11:50 PM
Andrew Gideon

RomeoMike wrote:

No, but, in the scenario that United were to fold,Â*Â*doÂ*youÂ*thinkÂ*the
present job market could absorb all of those workers?

Well, it wouldn't quite be "the present job market". United folding would
leave an opportunity. I'd hope that at least some of the routes/flights
would be picked up by someone else (hopefully an upstart like JetBlue that
might actually make them work).

If not...well, then there was apparently no market for it (at least at
current pricing). That's unfortunate, but reality.

And the ones lucky
enough to find a job...who says the next company wouldn't default on
promises. Seems to be the rage these days.

Perhaps so. But I'd rather put my faith in someone that's not [yet] proven
untrustworthy as opposed to someone that already has.

- Andrew