Old March 26th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual -- My 8th Owner Assisted -- Update

Sorry, I don't buy it. No sealant will work without being sucked into the
void. IMHO, you are wasting your time with surface sealant. Talk your mech
into letting you at least put the vacuum on the exhaust pipe and trying to
suck some of the goop into the gap. Let it be "tossing coraiander over your
shoulder to keep the rhinocerosus at bay" if that is what (s)he thinks. It
is YOUR plane and YOU get to say what you think is correct.

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Might it be practical to pressurize the crankcase thru the breather
line with a couple of psi of air & then use a soap solution to find the
extent of the leak? You are probably going to have to clean the area
with solvent anyway and then suck your mechanic's magic stuff into the
joint with a vacuum pump.