Old June 11th 04, 04:35 AM
Denyav

Just to set the record straight, it wasn't a resolution.....it was in May
2000,
and it was an amendment to the 2001 Defense Bill that requested that both Adm
Kimmel and Gen. Short be advanced posthumously on the promotion list to their

ighest respective grades in which they had served. It was passed
unanimously,
but President Clinton declined to sign it. It was again presented the
following
year, but President Bush also declined to sign it. No reason was given in
both
cases.

George Z.

Thanks for correction,I thought it was in 1999.
But as you correctly stated no president ever signed it and I think no
president will ever sign it.
Even no president gave reason for refusal,the reason is very obvious.