Old August 20th 03, 11:22 PM
John Galloway

Default Discus Wing question

It is a classic wing from a classic glider design by
a classic glider designer. It has a slightly larger
wing area than some more recent designs and should
carry the extra weight of a motor glider well. It
is well behaved and benign in its flying and stalling
characteristics and also tolerates bugs and rain well.
As a glider it won several world championships so
its performance should be as good as you could reasonably
expect for a non flapped 15 glider wing on a motor
glider.

John Galloway

At 18:42 20 August 2003, Steve B wrote:
I am curious about opinions of the Discus B wing design.
I would like
to know what thoughts there are about the performance
and qualities of
the Discus Wing.

I am purchasing a Carat made by AMS. It is powered
Self Launch
Sailplane. The Carat looks like a blend of Motor Glider
and Sailplane
with more of an emphasis on the motor off aspects...
real decent
performance from what I am finding. I would just like
to get familiar
with the wing design. I think it may be the Discus
BM wing that is
used for the ship.

Thanks
Steve