Old May 30th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

Default CFI oral intel

On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:32:00 -0400, Gezellig wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008 19:23:11 +0800, Stealth Pilot wrote:

I'm wondering what the significance of posting
this question is. Is it because everyone should
know the answer or because on some level it is
nonsensical?

Can't speak for gatt but the I take it for both. There are nonsensical
questions that need to be prepaered for after all its about passing a
test to get to the real learning.

NOOOO NO NO.

the whole purpose of these odd questions is that you cant prepare for
them.

however if you *understand* the aerodynamic principles and principles
of flight you can work out the answers.
never be afraid to work out the answer out aloud to them. it can show
more clearly than any other method that you understand ...or dont
understand what you've been taught.

Stealth Pilot

I see your point.

No, wait, that's your head. lol

I would think the purpose of gatt's question to be to learn the logical
sequences of thinking, of putting into practice what you have learned in
theory, when that time comes for things in air that you could rarely, if
ever, practice.

When was the last time you practiced being dead?