Old October 14th 11, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Cadillac commercial accident?

I echo Brian's statements, but let me try to answer your questions
again (and put this to rest for now):

On Oct 14, 7:31*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:

How much ground launch experience did Lynn have?

The man who knows the facts about that is dead. And none of us are
privy to his logbook. We have no clue what happened in the moments
leading up to and including the crash, so we have no idea if his hours
or experience mattered. We have no idea if this was even a "ground
launch". You are making assumptions in the absence of facts.

Do you know who else was involved in shooting this ad? *

What does it matter? Knowing that does not help us in any way, unless
you are looking for someone to scapegoat. But we don't even know what
happened. So placing blame is not only pointless, it is dangerous.
We don't even know if they were actually shooting the ad at the time
of the crash. You are making assumptions in the absence of facts.

How many glider hours did Lynn have? *

The man who knows the facts about that is dead. And none of us are
privy to his logbook. We have no clue what happened in the moments
leading up to and including the crash, so we have no idea if his hours
or experience mattered.

As hard as it may be, please just wait. Let the investigators do their
job, and let the facts come out. In this day and age those facts will
be rapidly reported and repeated once they are known. Until then,
trying to make any kind of commentary on the accident or take
"corrective action" is reckless and irresponsible.

--Noel