Old January 26th 12, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Jan 26, 2:26*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:
Im debating this and the V7. *Maybe even the clearNAV. *With Flarm, nano and the butterfly vario I would have 3 certified loggers in my glider....so it feels a little overkill and very expensive. *For another 1500 you can have an LX8000. *Not sure if that $3300 price is going to fly. *The V7 seems best at the moment.

and with Flarm, Nano, and Butterfly you still would need something
additional if you like a moving map. I'm thinking that someday when
my glider fund gets fat enough my Oudie and Nano coupled with the V7
should be a neat setup.

Butterfly would be sweet if you wanted to get into cloud flying. Add
a turn coordinator for a full IFR panel.