Thread: another crash
View Single Post
Old September 8th 19, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default another crash

On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 7:14:41 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 10:52:20 AM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Had you bothered to click the link to the picture, the second one down shows clearly the glider was in a 65 degree nose down attitude when it hit.
The small damage to the wingtip and large damage to the nose show clearly where the force are. the sequencevof photos is quite clear.
I have personally seen the wreckage of a twin astir that struck nose first and both pilots survived, albeit one of them with a serious injury.
Here’s the link again to the pictures.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-runway.html

You CLAIMED that the video showed a vertical impact, which it didn't. This picture DOESN'T show the impact either, but it looks very much like the wing tip hit first, causing a cartwheel - which is what I said before. A cartwheel is a VERY MUCH different type of impact from a frontal impact. I illustrated this with TWO SEPARATE ACCIDENTS. Go back and EDUCATE yourself!

Tom

I scrolled down and saw the 2nd photo, which CLEARLY shows the wing tip impacting first and absorbing much of the energy as it disintegrates. This is much more like a cartwheel than a frontal impact, where the cockpit hits first.

Tom