Old December 5th 19, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Briegleb BG-12B?

I didn’t say the BG-12 was a death trap...........I said THIS BG-12 was a death trap! No construction log, no materials log, no inspection log..........who built it? What glue did he use? How’s it been stored for maybe 50 years?
Having said that, T8’s post has got to give everyone cause to consider the bird extremely suspect.
I’m an old wood chipper, but they must be inspected regularly, stored correctly and flown within conservative limits! The Tehachapi fatality was nothing short of heartbreaking. The kid and his dad were under the false impression that any aircraft that was in license was probably safe + the kid tried to perform a high speed pass, like he’d seen the big guys do..........how’d that work out for him?

Flame suit on,
JJ