Old June 18th 04, 09:12 PM
Martin Hellman

Mark Zivley wrote in message m...
I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8 and it's given me some
problems and I'm more than a bit peeved that in less than 6 months I am
foced to buy Version 9 and all support for 8 is gone. B.
Bottom line is I need to probably do two things. 1. Buy a DVD burner
for my desktop. 2. If there is better software out there that's
better for not too much then I'd like some recommendations. I'm running
XP pro with plenty of memory and speed.

Eighteen months ago I bought a Mac, with about half my motivation
being that the user reviews I saw of Windows video editing sw were
about 80% like your posting, even on Pinnacle Studio which had been
selected as Editor's Choice by numerous places. One place even
retracted their Editor's Choice designation (and didn't reassign it)
when most of their readers complained. Apple's iMovie and iDVD aren't
perfect, but much better than the horror stories I hear in Windows
land. Also ... I almost have no worries about viruses.

It's true Mac hardware is a bit more expensive than comparable Windows
iron, but when you add in the cost of software to try and imitate the
software that comes with the Mac, I think it works out the other way.
Not to mention the value of your time and aggravation.

And, yes, I've used it to edit some soaring videos I've shot and am
very happy with the results.

Hope this helps.

Martin