Old April 27th 07, 07:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Default An Interview With Chuck Yeager

Clark wrote:

George wrote in news:FKcYh.5915$rO7.3155
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

There are those that we admire for their achievements, and those that we
admire for their personality. If those two come together in one person
that is a big plus. But none the less, having done it all very well and
masterly tends to lead to a no nonsense approach to life. That sometimes
comes off as arrogant when it is merely life at a higher plane of
accomplishment, one for which no apology is necessary.

That's one perspective. Never forget that it takes a team and frequently luck
is a factor. It's important enough that I'll type it again: it takes a team.

Yeager never mentioned the folks that made it possible. That is a serious
omission.

there may be no "i" in "team", but try spelling it without "me"......

redc1c4,
(and what got edited out of the interview before you saw it? %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide