Old February 1st 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Ash

Default ASW20 or LS6

In article ,
Martin Gregorie wrote:

You're quite busy on take-off too: the POH says to start the run with one
notch of negative flap for better aileron control. The ailerons start to
bite about 30 kts and you need to move to neutral flap at that point
because it won't lift off in negative flap

Not so! Guess how I know.... It took considerably longer to lift off
than usual, and was *weird* on tow until I finally pulled my head out
and realized I was in the wrong flap setting, but it does work.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth