Old November 27th 03, 09:19 PM
Peter Duniho

"Ross Younger" wrote in message
Apologies if it's an oft-asked question, but what does flying do for
you folks?

It might be easier to answer the question "what doesn't flying do for you?"

My primary interest in flying is that I love being up in the air. I love
being just 500 or 1000 feet above the ground, and I love cruising around in
the teens. It's all good. The view, the solitude.

But there are lots of other things I love about flying. I love the low-tech
aspect, given that I hang around computers all day otherwise. I love the
challenges and the decision-making. The independence and assertiveness
expected of a pilot, tempered with the structure found in the "by the book"
approach to flying. I love the transportation aspect, traveling from point
A to point B in an enjoyable and often efficient manner.

And especially on this day, I'm thankful to be a pilot. I don't have time
to describe the many other things I love about flying. It's time to get
some turkey...

Pete