Old May 23rd 05, 01:33 AM
SolarSapien

That is a good question.

How can they tell a area will have a GPS problem for a short
amount of time??

If it is interference, it should be eliminated. Makes you
wonder about the stupid plan by the FAA to shut off VOR and
DME's around the country.

That would be very DUMB. I have also noticed more and more
VOR's, NDB's, ILS's and DME's broke and not in service
around the country on the NOTAM database. Scary.

Looks like the FAA can't keep their stuff running huh??

Robert Scott wrote:
I have seen some GPS Notams about likely unreliability in certain
areas over certain very narrowly-defined periods of time. Can anyone
tell me what sort of known activities create these conditions?

-Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan