Old February 13th 04, 05:25 PM
Paul Sengupta

"David Cartwright" wrote in message
try to sound professional,
because it does make a difference to the controller's attitude to you. If
you sound uncertain as you call downwind, he'll send you miles away and

put
you behind the gaggle of stuff on 15-mile final; if you're crisp and you
know what your next move is, you often find yourself hearing "Call on
finals, number one".

I have the opposite problem. At 300 hours and with my own plane,
I sound fairly confident over the RT. However if I haven't flown
for 2 or 3 weeks, my piloting skills may not be up to making that
curved approach to the threshold in a crosswind while doing my
checks and then getting off the runway at the first exit to let the next
plane land!

Paul