Old May 4th 05, 08:52 PM
Tobias Schnell

On Wed, 04 May 2005 16:20:24 -0000, Dylan Smith
wrote:

In new aircraft, the right comparison for an Arrow would be the Diamond
DA-40 rather than the Cirrus (or Lancair). I have flown the DA-40, and I
do greatly prefer it to the Arrow (even a new one) - it's easier to get
in and out of, has a back door, stick instead of yoke, looks much
better, faster on 20 less horsepower and doesn't have the maintenance
involved with retractable gear or CS prop.

And it is available with the Thielert-diesel-engine. My club currently
has a demonstrator on the line. Really great airplane, 135 KTAS on 6
gph and almost incredibly easy to fly. Purchase is a little bit on the
expensive side, though.

I would love to try out a Cirrus one day to see if the Star and the
SR20 are by any means comparable.

Tobias