Old February 16th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default Instrument Rating tests

On Feb 16, 11:26 am, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:
Forty years ago, ACME and other schools were having their
students and instructors take the tests [all of them] dozens
of times. The tests were of limited numbers and the schools
were having student memorize the questions and answers.

I'll admit to having done that a few times. However, I didn't need to
take the test dozens of times to do it, the bank of questions is
available on the internet and ASA, etc provide all the answers already
(I know you know this). It doesn't seem like there is much benefit of
taking a test over and over to memorize the questions when the
questions are available on the internet.
Nowadays with study software you can generate tests with the same
exact questions as the real test as many times as you like and take
them on your PC.

-Robert, CFII