Old November 1st 09, 03:11 PM posted to misc.invest.futures,misc.legal,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.aviation.hang-gliding,rec.aviation.soaring
T Guy

Default Dr. Arthur Becker-Weidman: The Homework Problem

(Saruman of Isengard ):

When your child asks for help, you provide the assistance (not the
answers) as long as the child is respectful and fun to be around. As
soon as the child stops being respectful or fun to be around, you
calmly get up and say as you are leaving, “I'm done for now, feel free
to ask for my help again, when you (are more respectful) (can talk
with me quietly) (are able to use good words and not nasty words).”
The conversation and interaction are done.

(T Guy):

If your child is not being respectful, (s)he has learnt that from
somewhere. My money would be on parents and teachers.

As the computer people say: garbage in, garbage out.

T Guy