Old April 28th 04, 05:57 AM
elZee

"Nyal Williams" wrote in message
At 19:42 26 April 2004, Goneill wrote:
@#$%$#@$#!!! I already have to carry 40lbs of ballast.
Take a lesson from predatory birds; they don't fly
till they have burnt off the calories from the last
eating binge!

Please lets not get into a discussion about eating, dieting or any other 'weight
disorder' .. the fact remains that there are any number of people in this day and
age (for whatever reason) whose AUW well exceeds the current crop of gliders
available to go soaring in (that is _after_ we have released our powered tow
craft).

I for one would be spending a portion my hard earnt cash in the gliding community
again if only it could cope with my size. I'm not asking for help here nor am I
expecting the community to 'lay it on' for me .. I'm quite capable of looking
after myself (except perhaps for keeping my weight down ... OK?)

You never know .. with all the extra physical exercise achieved in simply pushing
aircraft around etc etc .. it would assist in actually getting fitter and even
reducing in size!! .. but if you think I'm going to spend all day at a gliding
field and watch everyone esle fly the 'gun' ships while I remain earthbound
lumpin' these machines around .. well forget it!

Cheers,

elZee