Old February 24th 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

Default US Rules Committee Policy on Permitting S/W for Tablets, PNAs,Smartphones etc.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:55:00 -0600, wrote:
John,

The use of cellphones and other intentional transmitters in flight is
illegal in the US. I don't think the rules committe should permit
something that is illegal.

--Stefan

4b. Inflight data, subject to cell phone reception, is extremely cheap
now. You pay more for a short voice phone call than the data would cost
for inflight forecast/nowcast updates. We live in an information age,
why not allow gliding to move with the times?

--
Stefan Murry