Old August 11th 03, 04:48 AM
Kyle Boatright

If you had an experimental aircraft, you'd just unscrew them from the tank
(after more or less emptying the tank) and clean off any crud that was in or
on them... If a drain was bad, the owner of an experimental aicraft could
simply buy a new one or try and replace the seals in the bad one.

KB

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
I have seen this discussed before, but couldn't come up with any hits on
Google. The sump drains on one wing an at the engine are running very
slowly, so I suspect they need to be cleaned. Also, the one that does

drain
well continued to drip after I had drained a fuel sample until I had

jiggled
it around for a bit. Interestingly (ominously?), the one that does drain
well gave me a few dark flecks. What is the best way to clean up these
drains, or would it be best to replace them?

--
Mike in Tucson (AVQ)
Archer N54405