Old November 17th 03, 09:08 PM
Kyler Laird

"Sven" writes:

I was thinking that each issue would be completely new,
but then I realized that since new issues come out every
28 days there are probably going to be a lot of files that
are the same from one issue to another. I'm hoping to
more efficiently handle this so that I can keep more old
issues around. (That might be silly, but I hate to get
rid of data.)

Just curious why you 'need' to save old data.

I don't "need" to save it. I thought there might be some use for it
though.

I'd like to try, for example, doing diffs of sectionals. That way
we can quickly spot changes. I'd use something like that for my area.
It's easy to become complacent about "home".

I've seen others ask for historic sectionals. I wouldn't mind storing
one of each per year just for research purposes.

--kyler