Old January 9th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 14:10:45 -0800, Richard Riley
wrote:

Ralph Nader did go after VW - he got them to stop selling The Thing in
the US after 2 years.

I don't think Nader went after the Thing...that was about ten years after his
heyday. The Thing tanked because it was a piece of crap. It had all the
drawbacks of the standard Beetle (low power, poor heater, floorboard rust-out,
fairly poor mileage) and none of the good aspects, and zero quality. And
next-to-no occupant protection.

I owned one for ~20 years, I should know....

Ron Wanttaja