Old September 18th 19, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa rough landing?

"The only solution is prevention..." this is the same philosophy the faa has used in eliminating spin demonstration from private licensing and imop has led to a marked degredation in pilot awareness and skill., The very fact that a pilot becomes disoriented in the early stages of a spin or becomes uncomfortable when pitched into a steep bank is the very reason one needs to experience it again and again at altitude. The very act of physically experiencing the sensations both real and percieved during spin approach and entry become THE essential tool in survival.

As for outlandings, multiple experiences create a memory resevoir of knowledge in making very fast decisions and corrections which turn what could be a glider damaging landing into one that just raised the pucker factor a little bit.
Its the very fact that we rarely experience spin and rarely experience outlandings and can't handle them when they are thrust on us that is a large factor in the many fatal accidents we see today.