Old April 9th 04, 04:06 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
fudog50 wrote:

great question posed by hoodoo, and real interesting history stuff.

all the responses went off on tangents and never really addresed the
original question. Which means nobody that read it knows.

It is interesting enough to me to do some research, (not just a google
search). Anyone point me in the right direction? What was the name of
boyington's book you are referring to? and what particular history
channel did you hear this from?

thanks in advance for any info...

His book was "Baa, Baa, Blach Sheep," published about 1959 or 1960. I
read his book then, but do not recall his mentioning having a bare-metal
Corsair. IMHO, Boyington would have mentioned it if he had done so.