Old September 20th 05, 03:05 AM
Jon A

On 19 Sep 2005 16:13:16 -0700, wrote:

One word - Southwest!

I saw a news article linked from AvWeb earlier today that said that SWA
had over the past five years gone way out on a limb buying hedged fuel
contracts, such that their fuel price was equivalent to $25/bbl oil.
Same old, same old problem: the airlines are too big to fail. No
smaller business could f--- up this bad and stay out of Chapter 7...

Is buying futures on fuel a risk? Sure! Is it good business? Sure!
Is this what managers are supposed to do for the money they knock
down? Sure! I'm positive that SWA has their share of prick moments,
but they seem to be making money, don't they?