Old April 29th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Default returning to flying after 29 years

this is FlyBoy watchout!
on 4/28/2008, Qzectb supposed :
I find that about 50% of what I hear on the radio is just plain
unintelligible. It always WAS hard for me to make out what was being
said, even when I knew roughly what to expect, but it seems worse
today. Maybe it's my middle-aged ears.

No. There have been some small changes (airspace, etc). However, most
of it is just that you haven't done it in awhile. There are lots of

I hope you're right. Just to be clear, it's not interpretation of
instructions that I find difficult. It's just that every second word
usually sounds like raw static to my ears. "cessna two echo static
turn static static contact static at one three three static
five." It's like trying to understand a conversation in a very
noisy bar. But maybe practice is the key.

2) King VFR Flight Review (better for those that just need refresher,
includes the stuff
below)http://www.kingschools.com/productDe...0KSJV033CSEDVD

Just ordered this.... thanks for the helpful suggestion and the
encouragement.