Old July 15th 13, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default Heavy hand again?

In article ,
son_of_flubber wrote:

On Monday, July 15, 2013 2:14:10 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:

I think the secret is to start by realizing these guys and gals are people,
like anyone else. If the first thing they get from a pilot is a ration of
attitude, that's probably not a good start.

I really wish that I could count on "Andy of Mayberry" showing up when I land
out. But with my luck it will probably be "Barney Fife" (with one bullet in
his revolver), and I need to be on my guard by keeping things professional,
formal, and within the law. A good cop will have absolutely no problem with
that.

I have had a good number of landouts, maybe 25 or so. Only had cops show
up maybe once or twice, ask if I needed help, then left. I have been
pulled over twice by bored cops curious about the "weird trailer". All
good fun.

Unfortunately, I think times are changing and law enforcement agencies
are increasingly taking on more of an authoritarian attitude to go along
with the military equipment they are sporting. Sometime around, oh
September 11, 2001, Barney saw his chance and locked Andy in the cell
with Otis. Now Barney's on the phone ordering bullets by the millions...