Old May 6th 05, 04:11 PM
Michael

Can you back up that sweepingly broad statement with ANY facts? They
are
ALL dumb and unexperienced?

Every Cirrus (I don't know enough about the others to comment) owner
I've ever met except one had well under 500 hours when he bought it.
Cirrus won't tell us who is buying, but the accident rate is awfully
high and I can see no other reason for it being that high. I've flown
that airplane (including bailing out a pilot on approach in IMC) and I
see nothing about that airplane that should be a problem for an
experienced and proficient pilot.

Now the one exception was a guy who had hundreds of hours in a Bonanza.
He had ONE (and ONLY one) reason for buying it. The parachute. Not
because he thinks it has value (he doesn't - he considers it a gimmick
that caters to the inexperienced) but because his wife will fly with
him in the Cirrus with the parachute, but would not fly with him in his
Bonanza. That makes it worth it to him.

Michael