Old September 21st 05, 05:44 PM
RST Engineering

Describe how you terminated the antenna port in both the aircraft and test
bench setups.

Jim

"Billc851" wrote in message
A EAA chapter member had me check out his microair 760 radio installation..
it RX ok, however when trans. It has loud squeel, you can hear youself on
sidetone. but there is a loud squeel even if you don't talk when
transmiting. Can't see any wiring errrors. We put entire panel on bench and
used 12v PS to test.. tried david clark & flightcom heatsets both do the
same thing? Any ideas. I was reluctant to start twisting pots for mic gain
or sidetone unless they were the problem. Didn't want to have 2 problems
instead of 1.
Sent e-mail to Microair in Austraila, no response yet.

Bill