Old December 22nd 05, 11:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design,alt.solar.photovoltaic

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:48:32 GMT, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:00:43 -0800, philkryder wrote:

"....It depends how you count "steps"."

Indeed.

I suppose something like "the number of distinct voltage changes per
cycle" might be a good first approximation of something to call steps
and to count.

In your example I would count something like "3" or maybe "2" or "4" -
I always have trouble with boundary conditions...

Heh. Programmers run into this all of the time - it's called "the
fencepost effect". If you have a 100' fence, and there's a post
every 10', how many posts do you need?

(100/10)+1 = 11
I used to farm.

Or this one: Imagine a short staircase, say to a "sunken living
room" or some such, of 3 steps:

-----

-----

There are only two steps. on the stairway. The others are landings

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com