Old February 9th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Why airplanes fly

To take one personal example, he called me a bad pilot because I make poor
landings in a simulator.

Tell me that's not an insult. Tell me that's being a gentleman.

No, that's not having experience in both worlds, and being stupid.

Many real pilots struggle to land our sim, at first. (See it he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/flight_simulator.htm ) Our 104" screen makes
it much more realistic (and, thus, easier for a real pilot) -- but it's
still not the same. (No peripheral vision in the flare is the primary
problem for most.)

Bottom line: If MX drives you that nuts, create a simple kill file that
eliminates his posts from your newsreader. It literally takes three key
strokes.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA