Old March 14th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Well, an interesting thread...
First, I am not against the theory that burning fossil fuels is
speeding up climate change... Entirely possible, and even likely...
Second, climate change in the warm direction has been going on
continuously between 15,000 and 20,000 years, now... This started when
a 1,500,000 year roughly period of glaciation came to an end... The
Laurentian Ice Sheet finished melting some 13,000 years ago that was
across the Northeast of this continent - including my Michigan...

So, that raises the question, why did the climate change when there
was no human activity to 'cause it'?
That is unknown, but the most likely answer is a miniscule change in
solar output... We know that there is an 11 year cycle, and a 22 year
cycle, and a 60 some year cycle, and so on... What we don't know is
that maybe there is a 1.5 million year cycle...
Or it could be that a carbon/soot containing asteroid strike put
enough black particles in suspension in the atmosphere that it
absorbed a fraction of a percent more of solar infrared, warming the
air and triggering the change...
Or it could be that a large body passed close to the earth and tugged
its orbit closer to the sun by a tiny fraction of one percent...
Or it could be that the earths core changed rotation just enough to
slightly increase the production of magma and ground heat...
Or the earth's tilt changed (it perturbates around the mean) or that
the earth's orbit around the sun changed also suffers perturbations
Whatever it was/is, it happened roughly 20,000 years ago... It has
been going on since then with the usual perturbations and nothing
that man does is going to change global warming in the forseeable
future...

But, I can tell you what I am going to do about global warming..

WARNING - AIRPLANE PORN FOLLOWS -
Tree huggers and Al's posse, best avert their eyes..

After I am finished at the office at noon I am going to the airport
and gasp start two engines count em and go out and wildly blow
enough dino dung out the exhaust to send the climate to temperatures
that might even bring the dinosaurs back... T. Rex will worship me...
And I will continue to do this as long as I have breath and enough
money to by fuel...

denny