Old June 4th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

Gee, I do remember exactly what the author said, in context.
I just didn't bother to "document" his name, age, place of
birth and DNA.

Since did not make up what he said and this is neither a
court of law or a college manuscript, my word is all that I
need. If you question my memory, you're certainly free to
research the matter and print your results. However, so far
your comments are just YOUR paranoid guilt ridden feelings
and interpretation.

some support

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
. ..
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| Gee, I'm sorry that I didn't write out all the details,
but
| my memory is accurate. I have no guilt or expectations.
| The reporter had been on assignment in Africa and was
very
| glad he didn't have to live there.
|
| Being glad to live in America rather than Africa is
completely different
| from the obscene idea of being glad that one's ancestors
were enslaved. By
| analogy, a Jewish American whose ancestors came here to
escape the Nazi
| Holocaust can certainly be glad to be living in America,
but it would be
| obscene for him to be glad that the Holocaust occurred.
|
| A responsible person would not publicly ascribe such a
horrific sentiment to
| an African American author without bothering to verify and
document that his
| recollection is correct. But you apparently fail to
appreciate how horrific
| the sentiment really is (perhaps because you still have a
warm, fuzzy
| Confederate impression of slavery).
|
| Anyone not blinded by right-wing ideology would find it
immediately apparent