Old October 9th 03, 07:15 PM
Marc Reeve

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Guy Alcala" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Navin R. Johnson" wrote in message
I rented The Great Santini the other night and was surprised to
find out that the Marines had fighter pilots. I thought the only
USAF and Navy had the fighter pilots.

Well........., on a good night at the O Club at Pax, if we were sure
no Marines or Air Force types were present at the bar, (and if we had
enough to drink, even with some of them present :-).......this opinion
just MIGHT have come up once in a while!!! :-)))

Seriously through, some of the finest fighter pilots I've known in my
somewhat dubious career were Air Force and Marine drivers.
The Marines most certainly do have fighter pilots, and some damn good
ones at that!!

Dudley, I think there's a more than decent chance that you've being
trolled. After all, the original poster has chosen as his Nom de Usenet
the name of Steve Martin's clueless title character in "The Jerk".

Saw that movie; actually saw both of them. I really enjoy Steve Martin's
work. He's a "very..... funny guy" :-) Apparently he has other talents
too. Just last week I was astounded to find out that he's one of the
country's premier 5 string banjo players. I heard him play on the radio
without knowing who was playing, and I swear I thought it was Earl
Scruggs. Man, THAT was Bluegrass!!! :-)

Yeah, he's an amazing banjo player for someone who describes it as a
"hobby". I dare say he could go pro without much difficulty.

-Marc

--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is