Old July 18th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default The world-record BD5

In article ,
Paul Saccani wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:53:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

My limited experience with them is that they have unpleasant handling
and occupants do not fare well in a forced landing, even on an
airfield.

I would suggest that you provide some crushable structure under the
seat. =A0In a gear up landing, there is strong tendency to back injuries
and paraplegia, which you don't want. =A0There is essentially no
distance between your backside and the ground when you land wheels up,
and the accelerations are quite great.

I don't think any landing issues are of concern to the owner of the kit in =
question.

That's a little mean spirited... **

Apparently so, Google groups has hidden the thread for abuse. Sensitive bunch, these Google people.

But there's ways around the boot of the geeks.