Old January 6th 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

Default First TSO-C199 "TABS" device

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 9:14:54 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Hi Sarah,

Think about stalk mounting off panel. A cheap universal automotive cell
phone cradle works great! Cut off the base and attach it to the top or
side of your panel with two Adel clamps. Here's a picture of how I
mounted a Dell Streak in my crowded LAK-17a:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d61t34oz6x...panel.jpg?dl=0

BTW, the ClearNav does not have a built-in FLARM receiver. I mounted a
PowerFLARM portable to the top of the glare shield of my Stemme and feed
the ClearNav via serial cable. I have a friend who mounts his PF
portable AND an LX9000 (I think) on stalks in his LAK-17bfes. Maybe
he'll share a picture.

Good luck!
Dan

On 1/6/2017 9:01 AM, Sarah wrote:
Just to clarify ... all the people chiming in about traffic display options (LX, CNV, Oudie...) have a powerflarm ADSB/Flarm receiver, right?

I have very limited room. Adding TN72 is possible, but adding a powerflarm also would be very difficult. Maybe I could if I take out my varios.

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 6:52:27 PM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Depends on the computer. My 7" screen on the LX9070 displays traffic beautifully, really helps with situational awareness. Traffic is well displayed on many varios too i.e., Butterfly LXnav 80,8, 10,etc.

--
Dan, 5J

Indeed, Dan is correct..You can see my LX9000 on a RAM mount here...

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav...AM-Renny-1.jpg

A RAM mount also supports my PowerFlarm. You can see that photo at this link. Please note that the Oudie 2 was replaced by the LX9000 in this older photo...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8381/8...5941fafc_o.jpg